Nautique Magic is a 46 foot, 3 double bedroom, two bathroom Coastal Cruiser 46 - with fly bridge - built to survey in Brisbane in 2004, and that has been extensively updated and upgraded in the last 9 years by the current owners - who are experienced boat handlers and have used her extensively on Moreton Bay.
She is a large volume live aboard boat and has been used on occasions for up to 4 months as a live aboard vessel. She can spend long periods on the water without needing to return to port as she carries up to 3,000L of water, 800L of diesel and has had extensive power upgrades to ensure a reliable, continuous power supply.
She is a very comfortable vessel with a large saloon area, fully air conditioned with extensive storage and refrigeration on board. She has a large duckboard and drop-down ladder aft suitable for extensive fishing and diving activities. Her dinghy is also fully rated as a life vessel for 8 people.
Being built to survey she has large bulkheads forward, has a separate engine room to the stern and all her equipment has had to meet survey standards (such as safety gear, bilge pumps, fire systems, anchor systems, stability certification, etc. ). The owners in 2015 stripped out all the engine bay and other under deck equipment - they renewed the skin fittings, all seacocks and hoses (double clipped) and had the engines totally overhauled.
The boat is a very efficient cathedral hull design, has twin diesel engines with Bravo 2 legs (great for the Bay) and will float in 0.9m of water with the legs up. She cruises at 7 to 8 knots using approx. 15L/hour of diesel (2,800 - 3,000 rpm) - has a range of some 400 nm (some 750 km). Has been cruised to the Whitsunday Islands and back - but is mostly at home on Moreton Bay.
She was taken out of survey in 2022 as she has not been leased out for some 10 years, but was kept up to survey standards in that time. She could most likely be resurveyed if required and a local marine architect group (Oceanic) who originally designed her could assist any new owners with advice on that option.
In August 2023, she has had a fresh antifoul, propspeed, new anodes and polished ready for a new owner. The boat is registered until November 2023, has all the equipment manuals, the survey manual (the how to use it manual for anyone renting the boat), full service history and skippers logbook (and receipts for all work). The owners have purchased a new 40 foot cruiser to suit their changing needs and she is ready to find a new owner.
Family, Leisure, Cruising
Oceanic Yacht Design
4 Cylinder Diesel with 2 x Mercruiser Bravo 2 hydraulic legs with position feedback.
350 hours since rebuild in 2015, and 2500 hours total
Engine Hours (2nd Engine)
350 hours since rebuild in 2015, and 2500 hours total
Westerbreke 9kVa Diesel Generator.
800L in 2 x 400L tanks, can be linked or separated - one for each engine (survey requirement)
3000L. Water storage is across multiple tanks that can be switched in and out and used for ballasting the boat - Fresh water hose in the anchor well and aft
- Dishwasher - draw type.
- Double electric hot plate and extractor fan over with light.
- Microwave/griller/stove all in one unit.
- Carpet and upholstery upgraded.
- Upmarket marine teak fold out dining table that is also moveable (can go on back deck).
- Improved lighting, down lighting for night.
- Fan over main table area.
- Lots of storage cupboards and a pantry.
- The sink has a separate water filter tap with filter for dispensing drinking water.
- Bar storage cabinet.
- Stone benches.
Two fridges - one upright with separate freezer, other one is an large under-bench with settable temperature (down to freezing - currently used as a drinks fridge).
Double electric hot plate and extractor fan over with light.
Hot Water System
Hot water service is heated from the engines and electrically - can be heated when using generator
Three cabins, one with ensuite bathroom, others access the main bathroom near Saloon.
- Main cabin has double bed, private toilet and large separate shower - has escape hatch with ladder and is air conditioned - also has own separate fan and night light.
- The other two have double beds, separate fans with lights and are also air conditioned.
- The top cabin has all round vision and large hatch with day/night/insect screen.
- All cabins and bathrooms have external dark screens.
Yes x 3. Both bathrooms have their own shower, plus a deck shower aft.
2 x Vaccu-Flush freshwater heads. 150L holding take with overboard macerator (can be dumped in the main part of Moreton Bay 1 nm from shore). Wash basins in both bathrooms and extractor fans, lights, cupboards, towel racks, etc. - very good for living aboard.
3.5 meter Naiad - licensed to carry 8 people as a life vessel - swamp tested. The fuel system was recently totally renewed with a cut off valve in
6 hp 4 stroke Yamaha outboard - 15 months old
The flybridge can be fully enclosed with clear covers
- New Muir winch and solenoids, and deck switch.
- 2 x 30 kg Plough Anchors - main one with very long chain and other emergency anchor with very long rope.
- Fresh water anchor and deck wash down hose in the anchor well.
V-Sheet, signalling mirror, flash light, horns, first aid kit, fire suppression system in engine bay and more
Auto, manual electric and fully manual pumps
Tender is fully approved as a life raft for up to 8 people
Parachute flares, day and night flares
Fire Extinguishers, fire bucket, fire blanket
- 2 x air conditioning units - one services the saloon and the other the cabins. The cabin unit can run off the batteries (good for running its fans at night particularly) - they are also reverse cycle units (heat and cold) and each cabin can adjust flows.
- Electrolysis blocker fitted and fully bonded by marine specialist.
- 55 kgf (4 hp), 150mm bow thruster.
- Westerbreke 9 kVA diesel generator (direct fed from diesel tanks).
- Auto battery charging system - ePower.
- 2.6 kW inverter - ePower.
- 750 Ah of house batteries (AGSM), seperate 2 x 100 Ah deep cycle crank batteries for each engine - all batteries fitted new by current owners and managed by the upgraded battery charging system.
-Solar fitted to the roof (3 large panels) that inject 60 Ah/h - with MHT.
-Auto/manual winch controller with chain counter (Maxwell).
-Very good Isolator board with auto float charging systems.
- Satellite phone (not currently in a plan).
- Raymarine Axiom touchscreen Fishfinder/Sounder/GPS
o Sonar and Down Vision transducers (depth and fish finding)
o Has auto routing - adjusts route for tide and depth, boat draw - very effective for Moreton Bay.
- Raymarine autopilot with position indicator for drives (very useful for docking).
- Raymarine DSC radio with AIS receiver (very useful in Moreton Bay) and secondary unit in the saloon. Has registered MMSI number for ship-to-ship calling/communications.
- Raymarine rear camera for reversing and watching crew when docking.
- All the Raymarine equipment interacts e. G., auto routing, camera is on GPS screen, etc.
- Lighting for nighttime use.
- Large duckboard with large fold down ladder for great diving and fishing access.
- Hot and cold shower in the duckboard area.
- Stainless Gas BBQ on the rails (not used by current owners).
- Fish cleaning board on the rails.
- External black sun/privacy covers fitted to cover all windows of the boat.
- Has similar black sun/privacy covers across the back of the boat that can be rolled up.
- Safety wires to limit access to duckboard when underway.
- Washing line fitted across back.
- Large seating area and long padded seat fitted.
- Access to engine bay and emergency shut offs/fire system.